Monday, August 10, 2009

More of the same...

Just more medical tests happening now. I get to meet two new doctors tomorrow. Yippeehowwonderful.  I won't bore anyone with the details.  I'm also reading Antarctica: Life on the Ice, a book of essays from various people about their experiences in Antarctica. Some are funny, some scary, some reassuring.  Recommended.

At the end of the month things should start picking up for the blog when I fly to Denver for my psych evaluation.  All winter-overs must pass this test.  It sounds like a good idea to me.  Then in September I'll fly to Denver again for a week of training in both Firefighter Training and Emergency ECW* Trauma skills (which will include such things as how to pull an injured person in a sled behind a snow mobile).  I can't wait.  Those should both be interesting and I'll finally be able to post some pictures and some interesting training information.

I just happened to notice that the temperature differential today between the Pole and my home in North Carolina is 185F!  It is 100F here in NC and -85F at the Pole.  

*ECW: Extreme Cold Weather

0 comments:

Post a Comment