Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Things are certainly changing fast around here.  From "maybe" a C-130 this week we now will be getting three on Thursday.  Two of those will be carrying passengers, so that's 120 new people on Thursday!  I dread it.  I can't even tell you how much I dread it.  They are all going to be enthusiastic, excited, loud.

I will definitely (until changed) be leaving on Monday.  I may just hide in my room from Thursday to Monday.  I am getting my replacement up to speed, so I will be doing less and less in the safety area.  We have a few more days of turn-around and then he is the man.

Tomorrow we have our transition emergency response drill.  It will be a small fire and a minor casualty.  The winterover crew will handle it while the new crews watch, and then we will run it again while the winterovers watch the new guys.  It will probably take most of the day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment